Waterwatch LS1-R1 Trough Sensor
The trough sensor will help to remotely monitor water troughs around your property and ensure every animal’s needs are met.
Current lead time for Waterwatch devices is 2 – 4 weeks.
The trough sensor helps to remotely monitor water troughs around the property to ensure every animal’s needs are met.
This sensor will help to:
- Monitor trough levels with accuracy
- Remotely manage all water assets on the property (real-time level measurements)
- Save time on water monitoring and checking
With internet connectivity (works on Spark, Vodafone, Telstra and Sigfox networks), you can:
- Manage multiple troughs from home, or anywhere in the world from your smartphone, tablet or computer
- Analyse historical data and seasonal trends to learn more about your farm and manage water resources
- Receive notifications for high, low and rapidly changing levels
Waterwatch LS1-R1 Trough Sensor
Polycarbonate + PBT Waterproof and UV resistant Dimensions `174x105x80mm
42kHz ultrasonic Measurement accuracy 0.2% Measurement range 0.2m to 7m Operating temperature: -40oC to +85oC
Inbuilt Li battery 3 – 10 year battery life depending on connectivity and reporting rate
Current: Sigfox, 4G/LTE/CatM1/NB-IoT (5G ready)
Download spec sheet
EASY AND QUICK DIY INSTALLATION
Attach the sensor to a suitable position, connect to it using the phone app and you’re good to go.
Install in existing areas such as bridges or permanent walls, or set up a small pole. Get water level readings from hard to reach places.
Click here for more information on getting started with your Waterwatch LS1-R1 Trough Sensor
To provision a device, please provide the following information by emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sensor name (typically the name of the location or tank name)
- Location (latitude/longitude)
- Offset (configuration instructions below)
- Sensor Display Limits, Minimum and Maximum level (configuration instructions below)
Configure the Offset
- Go to the Sensors -> Select the Sensor -> Sensor Setup Tab -> Display Settings Section
- Switch Offset Enabled to Yes;
- Fill the offset value in the Offset input field, the unit is indicated between the brackets next to Offset; the value should be the distance between the sensor and your chosen water level (0 water level could be the bottom of a water container, the Mean Sea Level, etc.);
- Click the Update button to confirm;
If the configuration is working, the offset value will be displayed in the Configuration section on the sensor’s information page. Please provide the offset value to us.
Configuring the Display Limits
The display limits of a sensor are the soft limits between which the water level will be displayed.
A sensor has two display limits – Minimum Level and Maximum Level. More particularly, if the water level is at or below the minimum level, the water level percentage will be 0% whereas if it is at the maximum level, the percentage will be 100%.
Admins and the owner of the organisation can configure the display limits in the following way:
- Go to the Sensors -> Sensor Setup Tab -> Display Settings.
- You’ll need to enable the Offset to access this feature.
- Make sure the Offset input field is filled. Read more about setting up the offset.
- Under the title Display Limits, put the Minimum display limit on the left input field while the Maximum on the right.
- Please provide us with the two display limits and click the Update button to confirm.
With your Waterwatch LS1-R1 Trough Sensor you’ll get:
- The Waterwatch LS1-R1 trough sensor
- 4x M4 screws
- Magnetic wand
Items that you’ll need to provide include:
- A smartphone running Android or IOS system, with the Waterwatch App installed.
- Fastening tools
- Other material parts that support or protect the sensor (optional)